W O R K W I TH U S . . . .
CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES LISTED BELOW
We are looking for an experienced Events Coordinator to join our team to help deliver our live event in November 2019 showcasing over 500 international artists.
The role includes but is not limited to:
· Assessment of event management needs
· Planning & liaising with partners, exhibitors, staff & volunteers, clients, our PR & marketing teams etc.
· Implementing aspects of our marketing strategy.
· The development of key event documents in collaboration with our curatorial, logistics & sales teams
· Co-ordinating public engagement events such as artist talks, workshops & schools programme
· Effective & efficient time management
· Overseeing delivery & collection of works
· Be on top of diaries, appointments for team & clients at live event; meet & greet VIPs, manage guest-lists etc.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual, with relevant event management experience, proven skills and commitment, and attention to detail. The candidate should be willing to be all hands on deck at times, be a quick learner and have the initiative and confidence to take the lead and think on their feet.
· Project management experience
· Experienced computer user with competency in Microsoft Excel & Social media platforms
· Supplier / contractor management experience
· Highly organised; able to prioritise & manage priorities
· Approachable manner & front of house experience
· Strong background in direct client & partner-facing roles
· Strong verbal & written communication skills
· Experience of working in an operational or commercial role within events
· Interest or experience within fine art desirable
This is a temporary part-time role over a 3 month contract, with potential to continue in the future depending on the evaluation & review of this initial contract.
2 days per/wk with full-time hours over 14 days install, live event & break down. So flexibility & commitment is key here.
£30,000 pro rata
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 21 August 2019
Start date: Monday 09 September 2019
Please send CV & cover letter responding to the points in the Personal Specification about how your experience suits the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Events Coordinator
Call for Volunteers
Woolwich Contemporary Print Fair is looking for motivated individuals to join our onsite volunteer team for the duration of the 2019 fair. Volunteers work closely with our artists, operations team and partners. The role is varied and exciting, providing valuable experience for anyone interested in a career in events and contemporary art. Activities include hosting and event support, liaising with artists, visitors and partners, visitor assistance, data capture and potential digital assistance for the social media savvy ..
As a volunteer your primary role is at the front of house and event support. Volunteers are the face of the fair and the first point of contact for artists, partners and visitors. Volunteering is a fun way to see Woolwich Contemporary Print Fair from a different perspective, meet artists and collectors, and establish skills for your career development.
Experience in front of house or client facing roles and/or event production is desirable but not essential - we want to provide volunteers with an opportunity to develop skills suited for a career in the art world.
You will be required to be on site 06 - 10 November 2019.
Travel & sustenance will be covered.
Official letter of recommendation by the Directors for future employers.
Free pair of day tickets to the Fair.
Woolwich Contemporary Print Fair 2019 merchandise.
Volunteers must attend the mandatory training half day on the 04 November.
Volunteers must be presentable, punctual, and professional
Volunteers will be assigned areas for which they are responsible.
They must ensure along with other staff that the venue is organised, tidy and clean at all points.
Volunteers must familiarise themselves with the artworks exhibited at the fair through the catalogue or, where possible, by talking to the artists about their practice.
Please submit a current CV and covering letter to email@example.com - Subject: Volunteer Opportunity